Insurance companies are raking in record profits. Looks like we need insurance reform and not tort reform. More reasons to tell your state senator to #VoteNoSJR8! More facts below:
- Over the last five years (2011 – 2015), Arkansas medical malpractice insurers took in more than twice as much as they paid out. We need insurance reform, not tort reform.
- Over the last 10 years the number of insurers writing medical malpractice has steadily increase to a now record 83
- “The medical liability environment has been better than expected by anyone.” – Howard Friedman, President of ProAssurance, the fifth biggest med mal insurer in Arkansas.
- “This is a boom time for physicians, and the industry is making money.” – Michael Matray, editor of Medical Liability Monitor.
- Arkansas Medical Malpractice insurance rates are the 10th lowest in the nation.
- Doctors in the state pay an average of 39% less than doctors nationally.
- Arkansas has the lowest health care premiums in the country.